The old arsenal
What can be going on behind the walls of the old Arsenal of Tavannes?
Come and find out by visiting our company, whose business is wholly peaceful although it fits perfectly in a context of military activity or war. Mines, explosions, armoured vehicles, casualties – unusual themes in striking contrast with the quiet Bernese Jura, a region of watchmaking and farming, home to the Digger Foundation.
Active since 1998 in the sector of humanitarian demining machinery manufacture, DIGGER DTR has accumulated a wealth of experience and has many a tale to share with you.
But what will the visitor discover?
They can move around in a country newly liberated from war, and then enter a demining base camp.
On the way, accompanied by a guide, they are introduced to:
- Mines and other explosive devices: how they are used, and why they are so dangerous?
- The feelings that people experience when they live under this threat!
- How deminers do their work?
- How a demining machine is used?
- What dangers threaten a demining machine?
Visitors can also carry out a number of missions, if they agree:
- Bringing food aid to an isolate village. But it’s not so easy after an armed conflict…
- Participating, with full equipment, in a manual demining operation
- Driving a demining machine on a 3D simulator and clearing a plot of ground
Other activities are on offer too:
- Projection of a film on the early days of the Digger Foundation and its actual projects
- A social drink in the “deminers’ canteen”
- The chance to taste local produce, if desired
Mine detection dogs
We dedicate a new space to mine detection dogs.